Monoprice's Business to Business (B2B) division sells product directly to installers, distributors, and end-users within specific verticals. We are looking to hire a sales professional to sell structured Cables to a specific market. These electrical, power-based structured or industrial grade cables are used by such companies as constructions, large contractors, advanced manufacturer's, automotive manufacturer's. factories, warehouses, aerospace, etc. all who buy these cables to drive such things as large machinery. We are looking for a high-powered "hunter" sales professional to prospect and make large sales into large organizations, and further develop profitable business and market share within this specific vertical market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales: The GSAM customarily and regularly spends their time on the road selling directly to customers (>75%). The GSAM is to strive to increase sales by attempting to understand customer challenges and develop opportunities. Monoprice has established relationships with many tier one customers. Meeting with and understanding their needs to develop opportunities is a critical component of driving profitable YoY growth.
- New Customer Acquisition: Identifying and establishing relationships with the largest potential customers within each specific vertical and generating recurring revenue and profit, and selling to them. Building and executing annual sales plans to attend trade events to generate incremental business is required.
- Strategy: The GSAM is an expert in their respective vertical. They understand the competitive landscape, large target customers, impactful tradeshows, and will build and execute an effective quarterly sales growth strategy.
- Financial Performance: Achieving established YoY growth objectives for key product categories within the vertical. The GSAM maintains P&L responsibility for their vertical and owns projecting revenue, profit, and investment.
- Leadership: Large and longer term opportunities frequently required extensive collaboration with other departments; partnering with product management for new solutions, demand planning to ensure availability, executive management to project financials.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must have a successful track record selling within the specified customer/industry vertical, building profitable business and long term relationships with key players.
- 5-10 years’ experience selling to accounts within the specified vertical
- 5-10 years’ experience selling IT/CE solutions
- Experience using applications such as Vendor Central, Channel Advisor, and Commerce Hub Education
- 4-year college degree required; MBA preferred but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional presentation skills; constructing and presenting information to a wide array of audiences including external customers, internal stakeholders, executives, and counterparts.
- P&L management; solid understanding of P&L management/optimization, the ability to partner with Business Intelligence and Finance to obtain data required for sound decision making.
Why consider opportunities with us?
Monoprice Inc. has been recognized by Inc. 500 as a fast-growing entrepreneurial business 3 years in a row! We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Time
Monoprice Inc. currently has career opportunities in several departments and… we are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class team. Our ideal candidates will be self-motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed and make a difference.
Monoprice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Come join our team. You're going to like it here! For more information about Monoprice, please view our company website at www.monoprice.com. Also visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/monopricecom and Twitter www.twitter.com/monoprice