Our Web team is seeking a strong on site search visionary to help build our onsite search foundation. You can set the stage and will see the immediate impact of your work! From multi-token and special character searches to meaningful product recommendations – your role will evolve as we grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze onsite search data and identify and execute opportunities to optimize customer search journey, increase sales and improve conversion
- Communicate onsite search merchandising strategy, performance and progress to stakeholders and leadership teams
- Partner closely with Web, Product, IT, and Marketing teams on strategic planning of new product enhancements & features
- Lead strategy for onsite search product boosting / highlighting and search related content
- Research and recommend changes to data, product attribution and relevancy ranking strategy
- Lead zero search results data analysis efforts and management
- Establish and implement guidelines and best practices in order to optimize the onsite search program
- Recommend direction and strategy. Investigate, identify, and resolve issues and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Create monthly reports based on on-site search trend analysis. Conduct A/B tests and monitor performance. Prepare and present results.
- Have a thorough understanding of Content Creation and Strategies
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
The employee must be able to follow company policies; posses exceptional communication skills with internal and external customers; receive directions from others; work effectively with co-workers in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions for improvement; keep others informed of work progress, deadlines, or other pertinent issues; address problems constructively to find acceptable solutions; keep commitments; and always respect the diversity of the company’s workforce in actions, words and deeds.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-3 years of experience managing relevant eCommerce projects or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to analyze data from search engines, analytics tools, and internal data to make decisions and recommendations, along with passion for onsite search.
- Comfortable with frequently changing priorities and working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong experience with search engines and onsite search strategy; Endeca, Hawksearch, SOLR,
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
Other Skills and Abilities:
- ability to multi-task and work in nimble, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and meet aggressive goals
- Self-starter, proactively looking for innovative solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Communications Skills (Oral & Written)