The customer service team lead is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily monitoring of team. The position focuses on all levels of customer interaction via phone, email, chat, and social media. The customer service lead is detail oriented with a strong ability to work independently and make decisions that result in the proper resolution. Must provide excellent customer service, be able to work with multiple departments and multitask to ensure the customer and the company are being taken care of on a daily basis. In collaboration with the department manager; the lead is coaches and develop associates on a daily basis if needed in order to reach department KPI goals. The Lead must also be able to communicate at a high level with leadership from other departments when system issues occur that affect the customers or the everyday business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor staff and work flow to ensure the team is working effectively and following SOP while providing direction and support to the Customer Service team members.
- Focus on monitoring/maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) within customer service including average hold times, average handle times, call abandonments, and calls/chats answered through reporting.
- Identify issues or system errors, with the ability to address them, while minimizing the effect on the customer experience and the business. Works with other departments when the need arises to resolve possible issues or to inform them of errors with promotions, website, etc.
- Communicate necessary information with the team via oral/written communication when needed. Monitor training of new team members as well as continue to grow and develop all team members to perform at the highest level of their abilities.
- Ability to build and manage a schedule that addresses business needs while providing a work life balance for employees.
- Escalates customer issues to either department manager or Director when applicable.
- Resolves customer escalations regarding orders, shipping, and merchandise. Follows up with customers and other departments when necessary.
- Responsible for weekly one on one coaching with team members as well as on the spot coaching for any behaviors that need to be addressed.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
The employee must be able to follow company policies; receive directions from others; work effectively with co-workers in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions for improvement; keep others informed of work progress, deadlines, or other pertinent issues; address problems constructively to find acceptable solutions; keep commitments; and always respect the diversity of the company’s workforce in actions, words and deeds.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of three years’ customer service experience with call center for online products. Prior team lead experience required
High school degree or GED required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Complex problem solving skills to ensure resolution and great service
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player with ability to also work independently with initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes to tasks, processes, etc. with willingness to take on new tasks as required; “can do” attitude.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with exceptional customer service skills to diffuse upset customers while providing a reasonable solution.
- Organizational and communication skills to assist in planning team events as well as dealing with customer issues
- 10 key proficient
- 45 WPM minimum
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Windows (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience with CRM systems is required. Experience with Parature and Microsoft dynamics preferred.
- Experience with high volume call systems required. Cisco supervisor desktop and Cisco agent desktop agent preferred.
Ability to read, write complex correspondence, and communicate with customers in a clear, easily understood manner in English.
Ability to perform intermediate level mathematics such as calculating discounts, percentages.